ReMag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for modern Gamers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer Empty
PostSubject: The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer   The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:20 am

Most of the time people complain that singleplayer titles are being afflicted by the fad of multiplayer for every game in an effort to make a quick buck. Some good examples are RE5 (actually going far enough to make you pay for MP) deadspace 2 (which is a poor rendition of multiplayer in an otherwise story based game) however some games break this trend. UC2 is considered as good or better than 3 depending on who you talk to, and it was the first in the series to introduce MP.

Where do you all stand, This is in reference to RE:ORC and ME3 mostly. A secondary question is also which games would you like see multiplayer added/stripped from and why.

I personally think that ME3 shouldn't include MP for fear of the SP lacking something somewhere, but overall i'm pretty excited. i'd rather see a multiplayer .hack// game
Back to top Go down
JunoVega
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer   The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:42 am

Personally, I believe the Uncharted Franchise should rest it's Multiplayer Mode in the next installment.

In Uncharted 2, we were given the first taste of Uncharted's Controls in a Multiplayer Format (IE: Really well) and in truth, the Upgradability of Uncharted 3's Multiplayer leaves no need for another Packaging of the same multiplayer, Either Create some form of New Game Plus for the MP stats, or give us a break from needing to buy 2 separate suites of DLC.

Both UC1 and UC2's Stories have had Setting based Coherency on an excellent scale, Uncharted 3 on the other hand smacked a little bit of what happened when the developers thought of grand setpieces in the usual "Hollywood Action Hero World Tour" but had to struggle to tie it all together, it all LOOKED awesome, and at the end of the day its still one of my favorite game series of this Console Generation....but it looks like the series could stand to back away from Multiplayer and put a little more length back into its story.
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer   The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:44 am

I can agree where UC2 and UC3 seem to have had a drop in story quality a bit (though this is like indiana jones so the story is tenuous at best) and i wouldn't mind seeing how that'd work out, UC4 for singleplayer UC3 for multiplayer, however there's 2 major things stopping that.

1) they want their money, plain and simple xD

2) updated graphics, mechanics and interfaces would be considerably harder to do on an older disk. probably a metric shitton of patches to go along with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer   The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The affects of Multiplayer on games heavy in singleplayer
Page 1 of 1