A forum for modern Gamers.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Top five most promising games of this year

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

Top five most promising games of this year Empty
PostSubject: Top five most promising games of this year   Top five most promising games of this year Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:57 am

5th: Twisted Metal- The game hasn't been seen much outside of the playstation 1 and a few games on the psp to milk the title by it's name alone, so it's good to see them make a serious return on a major console with the same 'canonical' circumstances to fall back on. The game comes out valentines day! I know my sweetie would like to be chased down by a homicidal killer clown with a flaming face!

4th: Halo 4- well damn, this game series hasn't really evolved it's multiplayer beyond akimbo weapons and a plethora of new grenade types, but is seen like the father of modern online competitive multiplayer (at least for shooters) The story itself is... interesting, if not unique and it'll be great to see how they try and add to the franchise from a new team. and thankfully its not a god-aweful RTS. also apparently the first in a new trilogy in the halo series... can they do that? instead of calling it a quadrology and so-forth, can they just say they want a second trilogy? aanyway, a surefire date isn't set but coned for holiday 2012

3rd: Soul Calibur V- well now, this one's right around the corner, which is partially why the game is so high on the list. We all know it'll be a tournament style storyline to figure how the hell to get rid of/take posession of/ get caught in the middle of this soul edge. Ezio makes a cross console appearence. The fact that we're getting the same character regardless of game system hasn't really been done before. one may argue the apprentice in 4 counts, but they also doled out Yoda to 360 and vader to the ps3. january thirtyfirst is when this bad boy comes out, just twenty days of this post!

2nd:Asura's wrath- the game plays like a more polished, stylized and interactive cinematic version of every bloody, gory, manly or over the top game to have come before it. (make's dante look reasonable, kratos look calm and give DBZ a run for it's super-powered money). Also the fighting is switched up between 2 characters at least and offers both a shooer style (bullet hell games) and a fighting game. Asura also has more depth than kratos, and shows dante that abs don't count in place of emotions or characterization

1st: Mass Effect 3- To date no game will be able to deliver such an astounding amount of story, environments, deep characters, awesome fighting, interactive story, and a sense of actually impacting the game. FF 13's story looks shallow and vapid in comparasin, Skyrim's endless snowy mountain-passes and days logged into the expirence are only dwarfed by this space faring adventure. Mass effect 1 (which playstation users can't actually play, sux bro, sux) change the occourences of Mass Effect 2 (which for psn gives a sort of makeup for missing ME1) which in turn change the way ME3 will play.

Assume if you will only 5 things in each game changes the next and each has Three ways it can go (which is underestimating the system completely) so that affects the second, giving it 15 possible things to change in each game, offering 3 more situations. ME3 at this rate would have 45 possible situations to change the course of the story, all of which can be mixed and matched.

Bioware officially stated from ME2 to 3, they offer over a thousand variables that change based off previous game data. which in turn is affected by ME1/origins interactive comic. this game of the 2012 year is going to come out march 6th

never-dead and FF13-2 would have shown up on the list, but unfortunately Twisted Metal and Halo 4 show more promise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jebediah_Bundy

Jebediah_Bundy

PostSubject: Re: Top five most promising games of this year   Top five most promising games of this year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:10 pm

I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding that needs to be corrected. Halo 4 is an Xbox exclusive title and no one here owns an Xbox as this is a gaming forum. Please revise the list with video games that people will play. Thanks, says Jebby!!!

Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: Top five most promising games of this year   Top five most promising games of this year Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:12 pm

i'm still intent on getting an xbox back, and it's to be seen if no one else has one. I've been passing the link down at my school like crazy and out of them, the only conversation pieces were multi-platform or xbox games.

an alternate 4th spot then would be never-dead. you get to tear off your own head for tactics and can fight without legs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top five most promising games of this year   Top five most promising games of this year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top five most promising games of this year
Page 1 of 1