A forum for modern Gamers.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

how much is too much

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

how much is too much Empty
PostSubject: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:05 pm

Last edited by xRx Kryeed on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stevo392

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:13 am

thats too much
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:39 am

Back to top Go down
MayKimSCREAM
Admin
MayKimSCREAM

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:42 pm

i'm a no lifer but since i just moved to fl and i has no friends i turn to my ps3 for social interaction. dont fucking lecture me and tell me to go out cause reason i dont is cause i cant. but i'm on the ps3 all day almost everyday sometimes i take breaks in portions of days. i think that how ever many hrs someone spends playing video games isnt anyone elses business anyways. its like asking "if you jerk off most of the day when do you stop?" i dont mind answering the questions but only cause i'm well aware of how people would react by how much i play, thank gawd i'm among gamers here. so to answer the question, i feel the only person who can determine when too much is too much is not anybody but yourself.

how much is too much FFVIII1copy-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.remagforum.com
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Back to top Go down
JunoVega
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 7:09 pm

My issue with that whole "No Lifer" business...is that its a loaded statement, If you're Not DEAD...you have a life, In the 21st century...the age we claim to live in now...Digital Interaction is just as (if not more) legitimate than online interactions, albeit with online anonymity you need to watch out and screen who you talk to. (just like in any social endeavor)

In the old days Games werent multiplayer, and the computer wasnt widely capable of letting the common man talk handily with other potential contacts, thus the stigma of "No lifer" came about, In this day and age, its not uncommon for 5 or so friends to Talk in real time on Skype while playing an online game together with some 20 other people.

The only people who drag out the "no lifer" call NOWADAYS, are embittered elitists, angered that technology has ruined their favorite point of mockery. its all in your sphere of influence, DO you really play too much? or is it that others are simply indignant of the fact that your hobbies arent the same hobbies as theirs...(Food for thought..somewhere in there LMAO)

Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Back to top Go down
MayKimSCREAM
Admin
MayKimSCREAM

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:30 pm

yaaaa junnnno da fuccccck?! haha just messin, but i see what your saying i guess me submitting to the haters and non-gamers is verifying there name calling. Your right tho, you of all people know how much shit i get for being a more then casual gamer. If I say anything about video games on my FB I am constantly told to GTFO of my house, do something like knitting or hiking. What people don't realize is that my hobby isnt hiking or knitting, its playing video games. Also they act like i don't ever leave the house....i haven't recently cause i just moved 500 miles more away from my family and friends so yeah i'm not gonna just walk up to people and be like "HEY BE MY FAWKING FRIEND" but when i'm home visiting my friends and family I AM NEVER ONLINE. I have a really hard time trusting people, why? because people are cruel and will take whatever chance they can get to stab you in the back, so I've limited the amount of people I keep close to me in my life......lol reading over this i now see why i created this site. hmmm interesting.

how much is too much FFVIII1copy-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.remagforum.com
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:00 pm

MayKimSCREAM wrote:
yaaaa junnnno da fuccccck?! haha just messin, but i see what your saying i guess me submitting to the haters and non-gamers is verifying there name calling. Your right tho, you of all people know how much shit i get for being a more then casual gamer. If I say anything about video games on my FB I am constantly told to GTFO of my house, do something like knitting or hiking. What people don't realize is that my hobby isnt hiking or knitting, its playing video games. Also they act like i don't ever leave the house....i haven't recently cause i just moved 500 miles more away from my family and friends so yeah i'm not gonna just walk up to people and be like "HEY BE MY FAWKING FRIEND" but when i'm home visiting my friends and family I AM NEVER ONLINE. I have a really hard time trusting people, why? because people are cruel and will take whatever chance they can get to stab you in the back, so I've limited the amount of people I keep close to me in my life......lol reading over this i now see why i created this site. hmmm interesting.

Aww don't feel bad Kimmy, I know how you feel. I get a TON of shit for being a gamer too Crying or Very sad And I mean, I have lots of things I enjoy doing, I have a lot of hobbies, but I just enjoy playing games with my friends so much that's usually what I resort to in my down time. The thing that pisses me off is when people tell me that I play too much video games, even though they're sitting on their asses watching TV all day =/ Lol Not to mention the fact that all day I'm chasing a 4 year old and I'm going to the gym, I usually play stuff later in the day. I do get active a lot, but apparently it's just that some people have something against video games...I guess if I were sitting watching movies I'd be "relaxing" but because I'm gaming it's not really relaxing it's "needing a new hobby".....WTF =/ Lol I don't think people understand it's not just like sitting in front of a nintendo anymore, it's become a social tool also. Online gaming is a way of getting out there in the world and meeting people when going out of the house isn't an option. And friends I've met on there are just as important to me as those I know here in chicago Smile
Back to top Go down
SplendidBlended

SplendidBlended

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Krystalina wrote:
MayKimSCREAM wrote:

Aww don't feel bad Kimmy, I know how you feel. I get a TON of shit for being a gamer too Crying or Very sad And I mean, I have lots of things I enjoy doing, I have a lot of hobbies, but I just enjoy playing games with my friends so much that's usually what I resort to in my down time. The thing that pisses me off is when people tell me that I play too much video games, even though they're sitting on their asses watching TV all day =/ Lol Not to mention the fact that all day I'm chasing a 4 year old and I'm going to the gym, I usually play stuff later in the day. I do get active a lot, but apparently it's just that some people have something against video games...I guess if I were sitting watching movies I'd be "relaxing" but because I'm gaming it's not really relaxing it's "needing a new hobby".....WTF =/ Lol I don't think people understand it's not just like sitting in front of a nintendo anymore, it's become a social tool also. Online gaming is a way of getting out there in the world and meeting people when going out of the house isn't an option. And friends I've met on there are just as important to me as those I know here in chicago Smile

Wasting time on the PSN has brought so many good things into my life. I can honestly say that even with some of the shit that I've had to swim through on there it's given me all the best things in my life right now. I love constantly reminding my parents of this. : P

However, I think some people do spend way too much time on there. No one should be on there all day every day unless they have a good reason (sick, can't leave their house) for it. Too much of just about anything isn't good for you.
I also try to limit my playing time till late at night now, or when I've worked all day and I'm too fucking tired to do anything else.

Last edited by SplendidBlended on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much is too much   how much is too much Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how much is too much
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ReMag :: Gamer Talk :: Video Game Discussion-
Jump to: