ReMag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for modern Gamers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sylvast

Sylvast

FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews Empty
PostSubject: FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews   FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:09 pm

If any of you have downloaded the demo and played it through, I want to hear your opinions!

First off, the fact that you can switch leaders is a major bonus in this game. Also if your party leader collapses in battle, you switch to the other one if you haven't noticed. Which is awesome. I also like the fact that the paradiigm system is better now especially with the trainable monsters, and you can do so much customization with them! Down to their skills and their looks! hahaha I love my little kitty in a pot :3

Thats probably my favorite part, what about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews   FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:05 pm

personally they took away things or changed things that seem to be worse. potions don't work the same and pretty much suck now. Monsters are alright (pokemon) and it's interesting, but cait sith in the demo wrecks all the other possible monsters hands down, balance in monsters is an issue if i'm getting pallet swaps of the same imps i fought at lv 1.

jumping on my own accord would be nice if i could clear anything outside of the 'designated jump area' however I cannot, a false option.

and at the end of the demo i had to sit through another trailer about battles i might actually find fun, but can't play in the demo.
Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews   FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Sylvast wrote:
If any of you have downloaded the demo and played it through, I want to hear your opinions!

First off, the fact that you can switch leaders is a major bonus in this game. Also if your party leader collapses in battle, you switch to the other one if you haven't noticed. Which is awesome. I also like the fact that the paradiigm system is better now especially with the trainable monsters, and you can do so much customization with them! Down to their skills and their looks! hahaha I love my little kitty in a pot :3

I agree with all that Smile I don't think they made anything worse, I see nothing but improvements although I found the new crystarium grid akward. I'm super excited about FF13-2!! I see a world of possibilities with the monster allies and the fact that your game isn't over when the leader dies is soooo nice....god i HATED that about 13 Very Happy Lol
Back to top Go down
Sylvast

Sylvast

PostSubject: Re: FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews   FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 am

Also Im not sure if anyone noticed, but when you lose life in ff-13-2 in battle, there is a redbar that goes down too(much like marvel vs capcom) I noticed that if it goes down far enough you can't hit full health again? Is that the case?
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews   FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:19 am

That's a form of wounding, like most fighting games.

THIS bugs the fuck out of me, now instead of HP, potions heal wounded dmg (the red bars) which are segmented most of the time and are resistant to normal forms of healing (i believe there's a specific heal spell). making potions nearly useless. IE useless in 99.5% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Sylvast

Sylvast

PostSubject: Re: FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews   FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:05 am

I really wish Square would stop going so extreme and radical on their RPG changes. I prefer how the old RPGs worked. Times change yes but that doesn't mean the core of what made an RPG special needed to be.
Like in 7. Items were used often enough, I think when items started to fall through was 10.
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews   FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:25 am

I used items pretty extensively in 10, and to be fair you're only talking about 12 and 13 at that point, yes? 11 and 14 are both MMO's (which i've tried my hand at, items are very fun and important throughout lving xD)

but yeah i didn't see a need to change how potions worked. Every RPG offers health restoring potions and all of them function the same way, albeit with different degrees of effectiveness, this just sort of takes the piss out of being clever with item uses and forces a play style on you.

also they have an item total cap on characters...it's stupid. say 200 points to equip noel, an iron bangle might be 50 and a silver bangle might be 200 by itself, making you have to choose how to arm your character in non-rpg format, then have to choose between more slot space or atb gauge or ect.
Back to top Go down
MayKimSCREAM
Admin
MayKimSCREAM

PostSubject: Re: FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews   FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:10 am

I loved the Demo! I'm really excited for the game to come out so I can play the entire thing. When I first saw Mog the Moogle I was so happy. Final Fantasy 13 Felt so cold with out all the cute little FF critters. I liked the new Monster Encounter system where they took random battle event and mixed it with the monster encounter system from FF13. I thought it was neat how Mog alerts you if something is near. Kind of like a Navi from Legend of Zelda but less annoying. Another thing I enjoyed was being able to interact with people and they would explain to me what was going on instead of me having to read a long wall of text like in FF13. I felt a little more connected to what was going on in the game. Bringing back shops run by unique characters like Choco-boca-lina instead of computer stations was a plus for me. FF13 gave you a store at every corner but you couldn't even afford to buy from anything unless you had spent countless hours farming for credit circuits. The process was just time consuming and boring. Now we have gil again! Yay! The gil system should have never been messed with to begin with. It's a signature characterization of the Final Fantasy series like Summons or the many faces of "Cid"(where there is a character named Cid in every FF game). So I'm glad they changed it back. As for when you are in combat, I would say that the action sequences are kind of cool but not really a necessity. The monster companions are cool. It really reminds me of a game called Shim Megami Tensei's Nocturne. It was a game about a guy who goes to see his teacher in the hospital with his friends. while they are in the hospital the world ends and the main character becomes have human have demon. You are then forced to go out in the post apocalyptic city to find your friends who are alive but have gone missing. While you do this you are allowed to ask certain monsters you fight in random battles to join your party. Once they join you can then level them up or combined them with other monsters. Sounds familiar right. The only difference I found was that if you combine monster A with monster B in FF13-2 you will get a stronger Monster A. In Nocturne if you infused monster A to monster B, depending on the level and how you raised the monster, you could get monster C-Z. So yeah I think its cool just a more simplified version of a game I enjoyed. I'm glad that your cp actually carries over when you have completely filled your 1st crystarium level. Once you finish the level it opens up the new level for that person's crystarum, instead of having to wait for a cinema sequence or boss fight in the game before being able to level up. The fact that you can change party leaders and that you dont get a game over if your team leader KOs is a BIG freaking plus. Also I feel like the team AI is a lot more responsive and a little smarter then it was in FF13. That was my view on the demo. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.remagforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews   FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIII-2 Demo Remag Reviews
Page 1 of 1