A forum for modern Gamers.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

they should put tomb raider on the back burner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

they should put tomb raider on the back burner Empty
PostSubject: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:56 pm

they have enough versions of the character, they should leave it at that. At least until people stop bitching about weather women are portrayed right or wrong, and just look at the character as the character itself. If the character is provocative and obviously used for sex appeal that's not wrong since its a part of the character (bayonetta). Womens rights are fine til they start bitching about negligible things like that. Men don't get up in arms over dante or that new guy from Soul Calibur 5 in quite the way people complain about ivy or that skullgirlz game.

why can't laura croft be a brittish accented female version of indiana jones (with huge cans) without a country mile of subtext getting in the way of simple fun
Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:29 am

They should NOT put tomb raider on a back burner.....that game is going to be amazing!! (I can just tell) I love Tomb Raider and this is new and innovative, not like the last games, and if there's one game I'm super excited about this year, this is it. Lara is sexy and sophisticated, intelligent, is stacked and she kicks ass. I don't know what ultra feminist article you're getting this from, but almost every woman I know (woman gamers especially) LOVE her for that. Lara has never been portrayed in a way that women find offensive, we appreciate her for it
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:41 am

from what i've seen they just show good visuals, which don't make an amazing game by itself. The gameplay trailer reminds me of uncharted, she's a female nathan drake and both are reinvented versions of indiana jones. the other downside is everything shown of tomb raider so far happens to be from the 360 version, and the ps3's unique setup means some things will be lost in conversion (bad ports like bayonetta)

overall i think it should be kept on the back burner for some time later after uncharted, so it won't be outshined
Back to top Go down
MayKimSCREAM
Admin
MayKimSCREAM

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:51 am

well i think tomb raider is going to be sick...and it really doesn't need to worry about uncharted out shining it. maybe in your eyes uncharted outshines tomb raider...but not really in mine. Tomb raider has always tried new things and tomb raider is way harder then uncharted when it comes to ammo uncharted is worse then re5. there is an arsenal of guns always near you for no reason >__> i think its time for uncharted to sit on the back burner and give tomb raider back its spot light.

they should put tomb raider on the back burner FFVIII1copy-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.remagforum.com
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:55 am

Uncharted has a fourth game coming out, while Tomb Raider is working on it's tenth xD i think it's time they either give up or at least take a break.

also this game seems much more entertaining

Back to top Go down
MayKimSCREAM
Admin
MayKimSCREAM

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:57 am

mmmhmm

Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:58 am

Nooo....it shows more than good visuals, it's the gameplay and concept itself that looks amazing. I've been keeping up on this since it was announced, maybe I've seen more about it than you have or maybe we just like different games. Either way, TR's not even scheduled for release for like another 10 months and Lara is not Nathan or Indie.....this is not just an adventure game like the previous TRs, it's a prequel that depicts a young Lara fighting for survival....it's more like MGS3 snake eater than Uncharted, and will in no way be out shined by UC3, even if it came out tomorrow
Back to top Go down
JunoVega
Admin

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:00 am

MayKimSCREAM wrote:
well i think tomb raider is going to be sick...and it really doesn't need to worry about uncharted out shining it. maybe in your eyes uncharted outshines tomb raider...but not really in mine. Tomb raider has always tried new things and tomb raider is way harder then uncharted when it comes to ammo uncharted is worse then re5. there is an arsenal of guns always near you for no reason >__> i think its time for uncharted to sit on the back burner and give tomb raider back its spot light.

I was gonna let this slide, but...no, some sayin needs doin...

"When it comes to Ammo" is not an arguement for a game like this...its a matter of Enemy Challenge...Armybases worth of Ammunition doesnt mean shit if the person using it cannot take 5 shots before dropping.

and i gotta side with Tenrow here...TR is on the 10th game...wheras UC has only just released its 3rd lol...the new guy isnt the one who needs a break XD
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 am

they all fill the same archtype kristy xD indiana jones came out in 1981 with raiders of the lost ark, and he was paying homage to the 30's action heros even then xD even if the tomb raider game was the best in a decade, it still would be considered a female indiana jones
Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:13 am

Tenrowsei wrote:
they all fill the same archtype kristy xD indiana jones came out in 1981 with raiders of the lost ark, and he was paying homage to the 30's action heros even then xD even if the tomb raider game was the best in a decade, it still would be considered a female indiana jones

Maybe....but THIS particular Tomb Raider has nothing to do with searching for treasure is what I was saying. AND....if you and Juno have never played Tomb Raider then there is no argument to be had cause you can't say anything about the games difficulty or gameplay or character portrayal.....that's like me sitting here arguing with you guys about Mass Effect. And you can't compare TR to UC, there's some people that could give two shits about Uncharted who are anticipating Tomb Raider. I love UC regardless, but I'm very excited about Tomb Raider. If you're not then don't buy it, plain and simple, but there's many people out there that share the same excitement as me.......
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:14 am

i've played tomb raider before xD
Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:16 am

Lol ok but which one's?
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:32 am

yo, not sure how the hell i missed this one, buuut. I played the first three, the first half of legend on the original Xbox
Back to top Go down
ProfessorChaos10

ProfessorChaos10

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:35 pm

Kyrstal and MKS I agree with you. Why da hell should tomb raider be put on back burner, she is a icon for women we can do anything a man can do and look fucking fantastic while doing so. the story does look interesting and it is one I will be defiantly getting this one.
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:39 pm

xD the character's genders shouldn't matter as long as the game and characterization are good, if anything needs to change in current games now, it's where girls can hit male protagonists without anyone batting an eye and where a girl won't be hit even if she really deserves it xD. (snow/lightning come to mind) besides ms. croft looks as grimy and same brown texturized as UC and anything else today. that's not really 'fantastic' haha
Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:45 pm

@ProfessorChaos....Amen Sister! <33

@Tenrow....Yeah gender matters to us women. It's nice to play a game where we can have a good female protagonist. We need female role models in the gaming industry just like every other industry out there. I mean, how would you feel if 90% of games you got to play depicted women in pink dresses as you character, when all you wanted was a "manly man" with a gun, you wouldn't say then that gender didn't matter then XD We need our femme fatales. And yes, Lara can be grimy all she wants, she's still a sexy bitch and we love her so Bleh Lol
Back to top Go down
MayKimSCREAM
Admin
MayKimSCREAM

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 am

REmember doing this to the butler
they should put tomb raider on the back burner 101TM

Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:27 pm

HAHAHA OMG I used to do that to him allllll the time. He used to get in my way when I was tryin to do shit so I just decided to throw him in there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ProfessorChaos10

ProfessorChaos10

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:37 am

Poor guy, he only wanted to give Lara a drink

....... in exchange for a lap dance Wink !!!
Back to top Go down
Jebediah_Bundy

Jebediah_Bundy

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:34 pm

MGS3 had one of the greatest storylines in video game history. I liked it especially because it was intertwined with real historical events. If tomb raider can in any way replicate that experience, I'm buying. Someone's gotta say it though, Lara wears too much clothing.

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:54 am

here here, mister bundy! they're probably holding off the release date til they can perfect clothing damage
Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:55 am

Hey, if I we could make Lara run around in a bikini, I'd do it XD Lol I remember in Tomb Raider legend when I unlocked that little black dress she wore in the Japan level....haha I wore it everywhere, even on the snowy mountaintops of Nepal Very Happy Lol on a side note, I MUST agree about MGS3. That always was, and still is in my opinion one of the greatest games of all time. Everything about it is incredible! (I'm trying not to spam but I just had to throw that in there) Very Happy Lol
Back to top Go down
Jebediah_Bundy

Jebediah_Bundy

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:10 am

I personally don't see myself ever playing any of the MGS games in the series. I watched my former roommate play all of them though. The 3rd game of the series "Snake Eater" in my opinion hands down sets the bar for story based video games. In the first 10 minutes you see actual video of Kennedy and Khrushchev brokering a deal over the Cuban Missile Crisis. The dialogue prior to battling the boss at the end of the game still give me wet dreams. Kojima is an absolute genius in how he directed this game from beginning to end, and yes, he held the title of director too. Roughly 15 hours of one of the greatest stories I've ever been told. If anyone reading this is interested, you can see it from beginning to end starting here:

PostSubject: Re: they should put tomb raider on the back burner   they should put tomb raider on the back burner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

they should put tomb raider on the back burner
Page 1 of 1