ReMag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for modern Gamers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I wanna know why they are doing this...

Go down 
+4
Krystalina
Stipokefan
☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢
MayKimSCREAM
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MayKimSCREAM
Admin
MayKimSCREAM

I wanna know why they are doing this... Empty
PostSubject: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:34 pm

I feel like stacking game releases like this are a little overwhelming for the casual and professional gamers. Yes we understand that the holidays are near and that they just wanna make bank, but i feel by overwhelming us with all these games isn't a good strategy on sales, it is but then it isn't. Right now the economy is suffering and it adds up to atleast $700 worth of grade A titles going on sale this fall. By the time we get through half of one game, two new ones will come out. And people barely want to go back after they have started on a new game. I hate having to juggle games back and forth, two games that worry me are MW3 and Skyrim...both games require a lot of game play. I'm sad that i'm gonna have to make a choice between 7 game titles and just stick to one...its gonna be a disaster in the gaming community as well. i don't wanna join a chat or lobby and hear about how awesome this other game is and have people spoil it for me. I really feel that is they want to make more money spread the shit out so people can save up to buy the next title. I feel like they are shoving all these games down our throats and its not fair.

http://news.yahoo.com/plea-video-game-industry-stop-stacking-release-dates-144720516.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.remagforum.com
☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢

☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢

PostSubject: Re: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Welllll So we spend LARGE amouts
of money all in the same weeek xD
I think it is fine I just know
there are 3 games i want
Sims Pet 3
Resident Evil(new one duh)
Twisted Metal
I am pretty set with those
three for a bit C:

And I do agree with you
It is like being at a amusement park
You are spending all that time
waiting in line and as you
are waiting and getting close
to the ride, you arre hopping
that this ride is worth the
wait but of coruse you say it is
after 10min of waiting you finally
get your turn. The ride is over
and you feel that was it really
worth that long of a wait?
Was it... Stupid fukin line xD
but yea basically we are spending
all this money on games
i feel as we are also being
rush into beating our games
2 fast because we are so
exsited for the next 1.
Stuppid Creaters xD
I wanna fuckin enjoy my game >:

Last edited by ☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢ on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : CUZ I CAN D:<)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/prof
Stipokefan

PostSubject: Re: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 5:35 pm

I feel the exact same way except, even worse , I'll be gone for 2 months with no gaming at all!
Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:47 pm

Ugh, I agree! I get pissed just thinking about it too :x Lol I mean, there's wayyyy too many games coming out this fall and winter, one right after another and unfortunately, I want like 7 of them Crying or Very sad I actually think they'd make more money if they spread it out. I mean, do they really think that every gamer is gonna have 500 bucks to just throw out there all at once....cause I know a lot of people are gonna be forced to choose between one game and another, and some games people wont even get around to purchasing till they drop in price. A lot of game companies are actually losing money this way. I'm totally overwhelmed by all the games coming out, it's insane Shocked Especially cause they're putting out games like skyrim that take like 150 hours just to beat......Lol
Back to top Go down
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Last edited by xRx Kryeed on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pantherofshadows

pantherofshadows

PostSubject: Re: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Lol i dont have to worry about this, cuz i have no cash xD fml lol ( for my loss ) not fuck my life
Back to top Go down
JunoVega
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 10:19 am

I use a simple and concise system to deal with these types of dilemmas.

I limit my purchase Options down to what will be comfortable, since i bank on friends having similar games to me anyway...if a friend of mine REALLY..REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAALLLLLLY sells me on a game being a worthy investment, i'll add it to my queue, but aside from that...my List of "Games to shell out for" Never exceeds 4.

my current queue
1. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Easily worth every penny, if the beta's to be believed_

2. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Had a Rough reception from the Fan-Dumb, and critics, and while totally unwarranted for the most part, it had its rough spots...DEFINITELY worth a sequel)

3. Modern Warfare 3 (at any moment...this particular one can be exchanged for a more necessary one)

4. ...*This SPESS for rent* (i have honestly Darwinized my list so thuroughly that i've cut out nearly everything else save the above three Shocked ...i guess *Braces himself* reccommend me one?!)
Back to top Go down
Jebediah_Bundy

Jebediah_Bundy

PostSubject: Re: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 10:55 pm

A number of points have been made as to why gaming companies like to launch near X-Mas in the Fall and Winter months. Here are Jebby's top 2 reasons.

1) 1/3 of our Annual GDP processes in the single month between Black Friday and X-Mas eve. In a 12 month calendar year, to get 1/3 of the pie in a 30 day period to a company trying to sell you something is good odds.

2) Summer Vacation. People across the board are actively seeking out beaches, amusement parks and other "outdoor" activities during the summer months. An anticipated title will have a more difficult time battling nice weather than another game because people's interests lie elsewhere at that time.

Back to top Go down
☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢

☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢

PostSubject: Re: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Well they always do
this when the holidays
come around. So parents
can pay for over priced games.
Get there kid to play some game
and keep them out of there
hair for the time being.
Honestly it makes me mad
when parents do that.
Parents are killing the
kids childhood when you
are wasting them away on
stupid video games...
I know i am a gamer i love
gaming but when a 2yr old
knows how to work a ps3 and
play a video game instead of
playing outside. Makes me mad.
Let your kid be a kid dont
just wast there childhood
away on mindless games -___-
If i have a kid they wont really
play games till maybe 9-10? even then
not all that much... And my kid not
watching this crappy cartoons shit...
they be watching those badass Disney Moviess :3
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/prof
MayKimSCREAM
Admin
MayKimSCREAM

PostSubject: Re: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:50 pm

My parents never had the time to watch us. My dad was always away cause he worked for the military and my mom worked while he was away. The fact that we were mostly in different countries we weren't allowed to go outside without supervision or asking a couple days prior to doing it. So most of the time my brother and I were stuck playing video games inside. I wouldn't trade the childhood I had because most of the time i was hanging out with my brother working hard on beating games. Now him and i find ourselves reminiscing on the good times we had when we were younger. I played sports too tho like soccer, golf and some field hockey. I played more video games in high school cause I'd rather play a game that i found myself lost in, then deal with the hate of "in crowds" and was usually dubbed a pariah. I even hate elementary school because of all the people that made fun of me for being tiny and shy. I was considered weird for not talking to other kids and being a lot smaller then most of the preteens around me. I had pokemon cards stolen from me, I've had my gameboy used as a hot potato, I was continuously ridiculed for liking video games when I was completely harmless and bothered no one. Video games were my escape from the cruel rituals of other kids. I could get by that day as long as I caught the pokemon I wanted or beat a boss to get further through a game. For one second I forgot about my stomach hurting thinking about going to school the next day. So when I am a parent I do want my kids to go out to play and do things normal kids should do, but if they so happen to be different like I was and would rather stay inside and play ps3 with me then go outside and have their underwear pulled over their head or their toys destroyed because other kids didn't like them, then I'd say hey lets own some fools online kid!
Back to top Go down
http://www.remagforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wanna know why they are doing this...   I wanna know why they are doing this... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wanna know why they are doing this...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ReMag :: Gamer Talk :: Video Game Discussion-
Jump to: