A forum for modern Gamers.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

A Way to get more people

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

A Way to get more people Empty
PostSubject: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:34 pm

Currently the forums don't have most of their activity spread beyond 2 or 3 threads, and when people are quickly checking the site out before making an account, it doesn't have too terribly much to do with games. posting a video that might be game related and having people basically say 'I like this' as their entire post isn't helping.

There is good information about games on the site, but they're generally far from the top on the list. People currently act quite like a clique, but that excludes people who browse the site and might make an account when the 'popular' threads are

"10 reasons not to date a girl gamer"
"Ahhhh!! PINK!! "
"BiohaZardPistols "
and other ones based on actual games are left to fall into obscurity except soul calibur V.

If people try to post in a few different places outside their normal, the site can actually look active and draw people in, unfortunately it's a catch 22. You need activity to have game relevence, but it's game relevence that attracts activity.

Jeb and Kristy are already trying, that's a pretty good start but i don't think it's enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylvast

Sylvast

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:58 am

I feel the same way, and I've said it before. Clique-i-ness doesn't bode attractiveness to other people, it actually intimidates people and gives the wrong impression. It's like walking into a room full of people who already know each other, its awkward. Also more game talk is always appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:17 am

a man of reason!

yaaaaay

but yeah, I'm glad i'm not the only one feeling this, and proves the point a little better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:16 am

anyone else feel this way? or is everyone just going to gloss over this and find their friends topics xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢

☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:10 pm

I thought you left........
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/prof
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:38 pm

i had a conversation with bundy, besides, my presence on the site shouldn't make any difference. You guys tend to ignore anything i post anyway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢

☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Well when you left
I saw a BUCH of new people posting again
and now that you are back alll I see
is your tag on almost every post
and it gets kinda annyoing. Since we are talking about
ways to change the site and
get more people in maybe
chill out on posting on EVERTHING
and let new peole see
we have more members
then one person. and let other people
get there say you killed ALOT
of topics and I know there
are other people that
feel the same way.
Thank you. :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/prof
JunoVega
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:45 pm

@Tenrow: While the site COULD use active stimulation in the form of Activity, but in your replies, eventually you say everything that needs to BE said about the topic, and in truth, you could stand to take back seat to replying. Posing questions is all well and good, but often your replies post up all the reflection necessary and thus people are left with no ground to reply with anything relevant, your posts tend to be "Purpose Completing" when they arent asking the questions (at least i've made note in one or two threads when this is the case)

@BiohaZard:
not to call your bluff, but from what i observed over 2 weeks, the site found a way to be come more desolate when he left, the problem of "Sticking in the same thread/hugging ones Clique" became even more obvious when nobody bothered offering questions and simply "Squee" over an announcement to the point i really cannot decide if i even saw activity...so that sounds a mite unbelievable, just sayin.

@TheTopicOfTheThread, what needs to be said has more or less been said, its unfortunate that more or less 4 or 5 people are responsible for all the action being done on the site, but that rests on the people who haven't posted...i admit i myself have very little contributed to the site save for exceedingly recently, still, the point remains.

Last edited by JunoVega on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited statements for accuracy (Doin my research yo))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sylvast

Sylvast

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:31 am

Very well said Juno.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MayKimSCREAM
Admin
MayKimSCREAM

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:49 am

I see where both sides are coming from. Not everything in this forum is going to be perfect. No one is going to have the "best post of all time" every time. The reason I haven't been Making posts is exactly what Bio was referring to. Too many topics Makes it hard for people to keep track of posts that are alive. I discussed with Jebby a little bit yesterday. Tenrow we understand where you are coming from, but I think this brings more negativity to the site then help. I dont see how the "Top 10 reason not to date a girl gamer" topic is considered clique-y, That was one of Jebediah's first contributions to the site and we responded and I loved that post, we all knew that the guys who wrote the article was dumb and it sparked up convo between a couple people who dont normally talk. Ahh! pink is just joey's post about how he likes the color customization but he's not going to have a topics that says "The in depth study and and discovery of the color Pink" As for kittie and panda's post, they are boyfriend and girlfriend! They stick to their topic to relieve spam from others. I'm gonna have to agree with kittie about the "topic killing" almost every single topic that was alive is now dead and most of the "last post" author say tenrowsei. I would really appreciate it if tenrow and you juno would stop saying that tenrow is the reason the site is alive because that is a freaking lie. I know every person on this site exception of doribi and they are all here because i invited them. I go on facebook and tell them and new people to come to the site. Right now Jeb is about to have a hand full of people joining the site two of those people have already joined...and not because of what jeb posted but because jeb took time out of his day to talk to these guys and have them come to the site. I can't twist anyone's arm to post on every topic. Not every person in here is an avid forum user. I'm happy with what activity i have now because this is a process, this isn't going to happen over night. You can't expedite it by making posts like this cause all you are doing is making people mad and then people go to the other posts and see your name and then they are like "well fuck that guy he's a dick" and move on. I know you are trying to help but this doesn't seem to be getting the site any where.

A Way to get more people FFVIII1copy-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.remagforum.com
☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢

☢☣BiohaZardKittie☣☢

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:57 am

It had to be said.
Back to top Go down
Krystalina

Krystalina

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:37 pm

MayKimSCREAM wrote:
Ahh! pink is just joey's post about how he likes the color customization but he's not going to have a topics that says "The in depth study and and discovery of the color Pink"

Ahhhhhahahaha! I'm sorry, I just died laughing at that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XrX Doribi XrX

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:25 pm

I have to say that I agree with Ten here, mainly because of all the forums i visit i like the ones that are varied and not, as other people have stated, mashed into their small groups, we need more posts of varied discussion in order to thrive, saying that having posts of different topics (even if it is by the same guy) is a moronic argument that falls flat on it's face once you look at it from a slightly different perspective. I have been on many forums and i have seen what falling into small groups can do to forums, the ones that are varied and filled with a cornucopia of intelligent coversation are the ones that live.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JunoVega
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:57 pm

MKS, where in my posts did i make the statement that Tenrow was the life of the site, i insinuated he holds the lions share of the "New Goings on" I did extensive date-checking to ensure that i wasn't talking out of turn, and i feel rather insulted that you're more or less said my statement on this has No Fact to it and that i was more or less zealously talking out of my ass about it. (you know i refrain from doing that)

The fact of the matter is, aspects of the site LOOK clique-y, because of the low amount of members, neither a negative on the posters, nor the posts themselves, but rather an issue with the site's Attendance Rollcall...a thread about pink is harmless, a more or less privatized thread between two people is harmless, a "Gender Stereotype" joke article and the related back and forth humor...is harmless.

My proposition is that we wait for the new recruits to show, but i can hardly fault someone for trying to ask questions that warrant replies regardless the reason, as in my experience that how forums about games are supposed to go, as long as all the proposed topics are appropriate to the forum they're appeared in.

For the record This isn't to infer that all posts on all the forums need to be "College Level Lit Class" food for thought, as we all know that the postership is vastly too informal to provide or make much use of that, And it should be said that regardless of how well the action was recieved, listing those 4 threads was not an act of "Shaming the posters for their wasted time"...it was to make a point about the "Centers of Activity" on a "gaming Forum"...it hurts to hear im sure (i myself regret that i've done little to aleviate it due to personal ham handedness) but it remains true that we need a few good ideas of Gaming origin, and i've got very little in recent memory to suggest there has been (save for maybe the last 3 days)...but i emplore anyone inclined, please correct me if i missed something.

I really wish i had more to say on this, alas, for the moment, nothing strikes...-.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tenrowsei

Tenrowsei

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 am

I suppose I can back off and let other people post, as long as people step up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ProfessorChaos10

ProfessorChaos10

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:36 am

Howdy,
idk if im part of the clique or not (more than likely i am Very Happy ) but I have to say that if we did not post on the site I doubt any one would really
I don't see anyone else posting, besides us

if people are timid of our "clique" there is no need, we are friendly and we are certainly not going to turn into savage wilder beasts if you post here, we want you on the site ... now Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jebediah_Bundy

Jebediah_Bundy

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 am

Quote :
Bigger is not necessarily better

You hear it all the time in reference to a number of things. Remag is small relative to larger sized forums on the internet right now. It has however, increased in the number of people who regularly post(I among them) and the number of hits we get daily. Arithmetic does not lie and everything taking place in this forum right now points toward growth.

Since we're still small, posts from regular members stand out more than they would if we were larger. You can easily recognize the "hot topics" of the moment. If the current hot topic isn't something that you wish not to contribute too, you can simply bypass it for one that does interest you. Here are a couple of rules that I try to stick too in an effort to get the most out of my time in Forums like this one, while being careful not to stir any controversy.

1. If it's funny, I'm not in trouble. If I'm writing or posting something that I know people will laugh at, I can't possibly be in trouble for it. Just be careful that I'm not cutting to deep at the subject matter.

2. Take care with malicious intent. If not funny, and just an attempt to be mean, don't post. No point.

3. Let bygones be bygones. If a small group of people want to socialize about something that is of little importance to me, than let them do so. I don't have to publicly call them out on my disinterest, I just simply avoid that topic of conversation.

The microscope weakens as more people become active on this forum. Until that point all should enjoy, but at the very least respect each others ideas and opinions and stop being Mexican!

Jebediah_Bundy

Sylvast

Sylvast

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Jebediah_Bundy wrote:
Quote :
Bigger is not necessarily better

You hear it all the time in reference to a number of things. Remag is small relative to larger sized forums on the internet right now. It has however, increased in the number of people who regularly post(I among them) and the number of hits we get daily. Arithmetic does not lie and everything taking place in this forum right now points toward growth.

Since we're still small, posts from regular members stand out more than they would if we were larger. You can easily recognize the "hot topics" of the moment. If the current hot topic isn't something that you wish not to contribute too, you can simply bypass it for one that does interest you. Here are a couple of rules that I try to stick too in an effort to get the most out of my time in Forums like this one, while being careful not to stir any controversy.

1. If it's funny, I'm not in trouble. If I'm writing or posting something that I know people will laugh at, I can't possibly be in trouble for it. Just be careful that I'm not cutting to deep at the subject matter.

2. Take care with malicious intent. If not funny, and just an attempt to be mean, don't post. No point.

3. Let bygones be bygones. If a small group of people want to socialize about something that is of little importance to me, than let them do so. I don't have to publicly call them out on my disinterest, I just simply avoid that topic of conversation.

The microscope weakens as more people become active on this forum. Until that point all should enjoy, but at the very least respect each others ideas and opinions and stop being Mexican!

Jebediah_Bundy

I can't stop being Mexican seeing as I am Mexican :/ What do you mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Way to get more people   A Way to get more people Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Way to get more people
Page 1 of 1