ReMag
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for modern Gamers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trouble Shooting with Skyrim and How to properly save.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MayKimSCREAM
Admin
MayKimSCREAM

Trouble Shooting with Skyrim and How to properly save. Empty
PostSubject: Trouble Shooting with Skyrim and How to properly save.   Trouble Shooting with Skyrim and How to properly save. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Okay i've been getting a lot of mixed emotions about the way Skyrim has been running. From what I've heard at about 90hrs of gameplay your game file starts to mess up a bit, maybe glitch or lag. I haven't had much of an issue, so far. Now I've played Oblivion and I've had my heart ripped out my chest when it comes to corrupted game saves. Some of you may have heard this story but basically what had happened was, I had dropped at least 160hr into oblivion only to have the file corrupt. Now this was on Xbox 360 before i bought my ps3 and i had bought all the DLCs, so I had the horse armor, along with the mages spire and theive's den. Well innocently i had put all my items i had hoarded through out the game in the mages spire at the top of the mountain. I log back into my file a couple days later to only get a message reading "You do not have the downloadable content. Please re-install content. Items may not show if not re-installed" now that wasn't it word for word but basically sums up what had happened. All my items were gone because the mage's spire no longer existed in the game. I tried everything re-downloading and re-installing the DLC but nothing. So ever since then I have come up with a routine to keep your game file safe. Now I can't guarantee that your file will never corrupt but here are some good ways to keep it from corrupting.

How to Save in Skyrim Properly:

~When making a save make sure that you make a new save every time. I know it sounds tedious but its a key way in keeping your file from corrupting.

~Make mulitple saves and keep certain saves at certain points of the game you might want to backtrack to.
Sometimes the file might corrupt and you don't want to go back 40 hrs of game play in order to continue. So keep a save or two close to the time of the corrupt game file.

~When saving make sure you are not in an environment in the game that is busy, like a city, extravagant landscapes area with lots of enemies.

~Make sure that your playstation's HDD light is not flashing when you save. Sometimes if you don't let everything load up it will cause the game save to corrupt.

~Do not save over corrupted files. If you get a corrupt file delete it immediately. Think of it as bad JooJoo for the other save files.

~When you stop playing instead of just turning of the console, quit the game first and then turn off the system. This will help keep the autosaves from corrupting.

Well I know that most of this is common sense to the average gamer but i feel like I might be saving people the pain I felt watching 160hrs worth of work go down the shitter. If you have anymore questions or suggestions about saving properly post below! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.remagforum.com
J_Rose2009

J_Rose2009

Trouble Shooting with Skyrim and How to properly save. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trouble Shooting with Skyrim and How to properly save.   Trouble Shooting with Skyrim and How to properly save. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks for the tip it will def help whenever i buy the game Smile
Back to top Go down

Trouble Shooting with Skyrim and How to properly save.
Page 1 of 1